At the Threshold of Death
A downloadable Tabletop RPG
Post Mortem #1
At the Threshold of Death is an old school role-playing game of exploration of the Afterlife based on the hexcrawl model, in which you attempt to push the limits of Death, and your own inevitable end, a bit further. It was originally created in French for the Draconis Jam 2022 where it won 2nd place.
Content warning: Death
To play, you will need:
- 3-6 people, one of whom will take the role of GM
- Blank character sheets (see Supplement)
- Pencils and erasures or an electronic support
- Two 6-sided dice per person and one 20-sided dice
Join the Kübler-Ross Institute of Experimental Thanatology for the opportunity of a lifetime: to discover what lies on the other side of the Veil! We have several thanatological research projects underway, but we welcome original proposals. At the Institute, you will receive what you need to satisfy your basic needs. In addition, our collaborator Talan Rox will gladly trade the Aether you collect on your excursions for rare items that will be the envy of your colleagues who fear facing death! Apply today, a few spots just opened up!
The game includes:
- 2 pages of rules for the base game
- A supplement including additional items, random encounter tables and a blank character sheet
- Illustrations worthy of another world - from Evlyn Moreau (used with permission) and the public domain
Click download now to get access to the following files:
Leave a comment
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.